I'm been away... visiting my daughter and sister and taking the best ASCP furniture painting class (more on that in an upcoming post)! Going away is fun and refreshing and freeing... but I LOVE coming home! I'm sorta like Dorothy when it comes to home!  

On this trip I fell into an antique shopping opportunity quite by accident!  

And look what came home with me...



...this old galvanized, chippy watering can! I filled it with and armful of Annabelle and PeeGee hydrangeas and put it temporarily on the kitchen table... just to have it in view.

 I knew it was mine the second I saw it... does that ever happen to you? You know if you don't take some thing home you will feel like you abandoned it?  Like it already belongs to you?


How could I resist it's chippy paint and unique handle... 

I have never seen one make like this... I wonder if it was something else at one time and repurposed into a watering can?







Even it's spout is interesting...






The top of the watering can is the most unique of all.  It almost looks as though it had a lid! 



It is marked with a number near it's rim...



Could my new find  have been an oil can or a milk can at one time... or has it always just had great character...


What do you think? Have you ever seen a watering can like the one that came home with me...




Pin It

SEASONAL SUNDAYS at The Tablescaper
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY at Costal Charm

FAVORTIES ON THE FIRST at The Polohouse

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top