I don't want a garden anymore... okay?

 I always feel this way around the end of July. You can have all the garden STUFF until early September!

The weather is so hot and humid, with little rain.. the weeds seem to be winning.. really the only thing that is happy in my garden right now are the tomatoes... and maybe an eggplant or two! And even they seem to be languishing! (WHINE, WHINE, WINE... Oh, yes.. thank you... I think that might make me feel a little better!)

I keep telling myself that the sweat dripping off of my upturned nose and  broken dirty fingernails will be all worth it in a few short weeks. When my freezer is full of great summer flavors, and my pantry holds jar after jar of jewel-toned goodness... I will feel a much fonder affection for my garden!

But right now I am feeling a little (okay... a whole lot) guilty for not being grateful... especially since I just wrote a post earlier today about BEING THANKFUL.

Well, while I work on my attitude...

Here's whats ON THE MENU...


MONDAY
Salmon Cakes
Panzanella Salad


TUESDAY
Killer Fajitas
Refried Beans
Mexican Explosion Salad



WEDNESDAY
StoneGable Hamburgers On The Grill
Fixins'
It's Not Rocket Science Baked Beans

THURSDAY
From The Garden Leek And Onion Tart
Grape and Pear Tomatoes





FRIDAY
Zucchini Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Sauteed Rice
Roasted Carrots

SATURDAY
Caprese Towers
Shrimp Steamers


SUNDAY
Lobster Bisque
Jordan Pond Popovers





STONEGABLE PRINTABLE RECIPES

STONEGABLE CULINARY TUTORIALS

DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM OTHER SOURCES
Lobster Bisque

FEATURED OTMM RECIPES ...

This picture makes my mouth pucker up! Delicious..  these REFRIGERATOR PICKLES from Kathy, at WIVES WITH KNIVES sound so fabulous. This is a must try! It will be on my menu, for sure!

Refrigerator Pickles


Patricia, at BUTTER YUM ( I love that blog name!) brings a sweet treat for us to have now and freeze for later too! MINI CRUMB-TOPPED SOUR CREAM BANANA BREADS make 10 little loaves! They are Butter YUM!



Sam, at MY CAROLINA KITCHEN makes food that is swoon worthy! And GUACAMOLE is one of my very very favorites!  She also gives us great tips about Avocados and keeping them fresh!



I know what I am doing with my raspberries! Look at these easy RASPBERRY CHEESE DANISH  from the FRUGALISTA DIARIES.





FEATURED OTMM MENU PLAN...

UNDER THE BIG OAK TREE  is a great place to find an easy and delicious menu for the week. Alison has great pictures and lots of recipes!

I am participating in:
MENU PLAN MONDAY
FOODIE FRIDAY AT Simple Living
MARVELOUS MONDAY at Jam's Corner


NOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU...





Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* Please visit other OTMM participants
* Please link up only photographs that belong to you.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top