This week I am going to the spa! Not the place I get a pedicure... but a big time, fluffy robe and slippers luxury spa! I have never been to a spa... and I have mixed emotions.

 I can't wait for a couple hours of decedent pampering and being fussed over. BUT there is something in the back of my mind that makes me want to giggle! A very sophomoric giggle that breaks out into a fall-on-the-floor-gasp-for-breath belly laugh!

A Spa would be great settings for sitcom! I can  picture Lucille Ball doing a hilarious segment with she and Ethel wrapped in seaweed, eating their eye cucumbers and slinging Dead Sea mud at each other.  My husband says I have the Lucille Ball "factor"! Oh, dear!


I know that spa-ing is therapeutic but I think it is just a wee bit silly and pretentious (oh, boy... I bet I get so many spa lovers e-mailing me). I am sure once I get there I will change my mind... but if they play white noise music and burn patchouli...




This week the grill is staying on the back porch ready to use. The weather is going to get sizzling hot again! But even in this steamy weather I can't resist Thursday's slow cooker soup...

Here's what's ON THE MENU...


MONDAY
Grilled Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Homemade Potato Chips



TUESDAY
Fresh Veggie Shrimp Cocktail
 Fresh Melon


WEDNESDAY
Three Cheese Ravioli With Pesto
Garden Tomatoes And Cucumbers Drizzled With Olive Oil



THURSDAY
Grilled Honey Teriyaki Drummies
Grilled Peaches
Grilled Herbed Corn On The Cob
(look for upcoming culinary tutorial)

FRIDAY
Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwiches With Peppers And Onions
Cucumber Salad
Baked Potato Wedges

SATURDAY~ SLOW COOKER DAY
Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup


source

SUNDAY
Zucchini Boats
Garden Tomatoes




STONEGABLE RECIPES
Grilled Honey Teriyaki Drummies
Zucchini Boats

STONEGABLE CULINARY TUTORIALS
Pesto
Potato Chips

RECIPES FROM OTHER SOUCES
Grilled Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Fresh Veggie Shrimp Cocktail
Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup


Great features this week!

Aren't these the most upscale sexy SHRIMP SHOOTERS?  Go to A Toile Tale for this winner recipe!




This most beautiful  BEER CAN SMOKED CHICKEN comes from a yummy new-to-me blog LITTLE KITCHEN BIG FLAVORS.  She tells such a cute story!

Smoked Beer Can chicken Finished


Aren't Lynn's, from HAPPIER THAN A PIG IN MUD, PICKLED BEETS like little gems? These sound so delicious! You will see them in my pantry.




Look what else I am making this week...CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD. My Zucchinis are just about finished. I can't think of a better way to end the zucchini season than with a zucchini recipe from NOSH!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread


This is for my son... FUNFETTI COOKIES! I make all these homemade goodies and nothing excites him like a funfetti cake!  This fun cookie recipe comes from Lindy at Veni Vidi Scrappy You have made my son so happy, thank you!




This week's feathered weekly menu come from Kate at TEACHING WHAT IS GOOD. Kate is a mother of 8... and I see a real Titus 2 woman! Her menu for the week is so organized... it has to be with that many mouths to feed.
She has a wonderful printable menu planner page! Go check Kate's blog out!

MOUTHWATERING MONDAY at A Southern Farytale
MENU PLAN MONDAY at Organizing Junkie
FOODIE FRIDAY at Rattlebridge Farm


Now what's ON YOUR MENU...






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top