AMONG THE FALLEN LEAVES:




I'm just a kid when it comes to colorful fallen leaves.  I like to play in them. But on this BEAUTIFUL fall day, I am doing it in a grown-up way.  The red maples are calling... Come romp! Setting a table al fresco, among the treasure of jewel-like leaves was a perfect way to play.








I found this little old table in my basement under all kinds of boxes.  It must have been there for years! I cannot remember where I got it. It might have been my grandmother's. It is perfect for outdoor use!













A burlap runner (Pottery Barn) continues the "earthy" feel of this tablescape.















The dishes are a mix of natural colors and elements.
















Acorn plates are perfect for the outdoor theme (Old Millhouse Shoppe)







Green "grape" plates with bronze rims  (HomeGoods) echo the pyrocantha and grass.




Golden Yellow plates add a splash of interest (Wegman's)




Large green "grape" dinner plates anchor the grouping












Bubble goblets are ready for a nice hearty burgandy wine!











The napkin is actually 2 napkins bunched together with a chololate colored satin ribbon and embellished with pyracantha and berries. Look for tutorial next week- very,very easy and can be done in many styles!













The centerpiece is an urn I am using on my Thanksgiving table, but it is making an early debut holding pyracantha, gourds and pumpkins.  The base of the urn echo it's contents. (Erma's Flowers, Quarryville Pa)















Because we are dining just before sunset, we need candlelight (really, any excuse for candles!). Brown stripped pillar candles repeat the color of the satin ribbon and some fallen leaves. The candles are set in green leaf dipping dishes.






A rusty- toned lantern on a crook gives extral ambiance.







Just before dinner!













For Menu see Weekly Menu 11-2 through 11-7-09. http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2009/11/sg-menu-for-nov-1-nov-7-2009.html


I am participating in Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch. Thanks so much. Go see all the wonderful and creative tablescapes!













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top