A THANKSGIVING TABLE:






With Thanksgiving exactly 2 weeks away, I thought I would set a sample table.  I set this sample table for 8, but I am having 15 for dinner and 30 for an evening dessert buffet. I am using other brown elements, such as 2 brown leaf gravey boats and brown trimmed water glasses on the official Thanksgiving table, but I could not get them all to fit. I just could not wait to make the centerpiece, and once I made it I wanted to see how it would look on a set table.  I am breaking one of my cardinal rules- a centerpiece must not be obtrusive! This one definitely is!!!! But some rules are made to be broken...occasionally!

Thanksgiving is the holiday when everyone, on my side of the family, gathers at my home. It is busy and loud and jam-packed with family love. Thanksgiving is my holiday! Each year I try to do something that reminds all of us of the history and the reason we celebrate. 





As I think about setting this year's table, I have a warm and tender excitement for that special day of Thanks... and an overwhelming feeling of gratitude....we are very, very blessed!

The inspiration for this table is a beautiful arrangement I saw on Artie's blog, Color Outside the Lines.  It was an urn filled with hydrangeas and pheasant feathers.  It was love at first sight!  I knew I had to do something like it for my Thanksgiving table! Thanks, Artie.
I will do a step by step tutorial blog on my Thanksgiving urn next week.
























The overall theme for the table revolves around acorns.  Acorns are big this year, and there are so many pretty acorn elements on the market right now.















Using a mix of dishes adds interest- I like that look best.  Keeping with a muted color scheme, of whites and browns, the turkey plate emphesizes the holiday. (HomeGoods)







White plates with interesting edges, that have traces of  brown scuffs, peek beyond the Turkey plate. (HomeGoods)









White dinner plates complete the look. Each setting is placed on a chocolate brown placemat.


Acorn Plates for bread and the little extras!


Heavy cotton napkins in a soft carmel with edged detail are folded in a fan, to look like a turkey tail. (JC Penney)






Rich brown goblets with a ridged flute, also echo the folds in the napkins. (JC Penney)







Brown and ivory striped pillar candles sit atop worn and rusticly carved candlesticks.









Little acorn salt and pepper shakers, a gift from my Mom, thanks Mom! (Wm-Sonoma)


The overall look is soft and earthy and hopefully very welcoming!







As we get ready for Thanksgiving let's count our blessings, thank God for His goodness to us, and have loving and giving hearts for everyone!  Happy Thanksgiving!

A special Thanks goes to Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday.
Susan helped me when I did my first tablescape- she e-mailed me specific and detailed instructions about joining her Tablescape Thursday. You are an inspiration! I am thankful for you.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top