More Company's Coming- A Second Thanksgiving Table



Before I begin with today's OFFICIAL post, I want to thank all of the people who have visited and/or  followed my blog over the last 2 months. I know 2 months is not a usual milestone, but I have been so overwhelmed  with gratitude, I need to express my feelings. I thought my 2 month bloggiversary was the 19th, but after checking the date of my first blog, it was the 10th. Being still very new to blogging,
I have learned so much and have been having so much fun!  I have become part of a lovely, warm and supportive community that cheers everyone on! I love that we see worth and effort in each and every blog! I love that this is a supportive and not competitive community! Good for us!
Not a crass word, or an unkind thought has crossed my reading, and  I always leave inspired and refreshed!
I especially want to thank the hosts of the events I participate in.  I don't actually know how much time you put into hosting, but it must be immense! What a gift.
I have made dear, dear friends, too. I get excited when I see that you have dropped by. Your are blessings to me!
Finally, thank you all for your love and support!  I look forward to many more bloggiversaries!
God bless all of you!
Yvonne  xo

We are getting more company for Thanksgiving dinner.My philosophy is the more the merrier! I love my home filled with family, friends and people that need a home for the holidays!

I need to set an extra table.  The table will be placed in the foyer, close to the dinning room.  Because I already had 14 of everyting for the main table, I needed to put together another 4 place settings for the foyer table. So I decided to take a trip to my fabulously stocked HomeGoods to see what I could get on a very limited budget.  Well... I hit the jackpot!

The inspiration for this table were these lovely pumpkin tureens and  napkins. I a wild about these beautiful heavy napkins. I love everything about them!!!! Again I used a softer color pallet, to accomodate the colors in the pumpkins and napkins.



I bought the napkins on sale, $5.99 for 4- I bought 2 packs. What a steal. They are exquisite!  I used the napkins as placemats.  I just made a little tuck by folding them across the center horizontally and  then ironed them with some starch.  The fold is barely noticable.  The napkins that were actually used as napkins were folded casually and full and placed near the fork. I wanted to show off their gorgeous design. (Can you tell how much I like these, sorry for gushing on and on).






The real steal of the day were not the napkins, but the pumpkins... they were $2.00 a piece and the quality is excellent!!!!!!  I know, now that's my kind of bargain!  I found 3 white and 1 green so I bought all 4, and they look fine together. Everything else for the scape', except the flatware, was collected from what I had in my china pantry and around the house!









Leaf plates (HomeGoods), a real favorite of mine,  go under the soup tureens.



White salad plate with a leaf and berry edge (HomeGoods) continues the leafy theme. The cutout edges give this dish real interest.



Large grape-motif leaf plate, with bronze metalic edging (HomeGoods) again lend to the overall theme.



Mixing dishes and color gives interest  and detail.






Brown marble handled flatware compliment the placemats (HomeGoods). Another great bargain!







Golden Glasses.




The centerpiece is a mix of white pumpkins to echo the soup tureens, and pale green striped squash in cloches.  These elements are accented with small pumpkins, glazed styled acorns and leaves.
















Matching squash pitcher, on sale for $3.00 at HomeGoods!





Tall slender candles stand in a glass leaf holders (Wm-Sonoma). Covering the center of the table, a burlap runner (Pottery Barn) adds texture and keeps the color neutral.



My table is ready and waiting. All it needs are the guests we are so looking forward to!







I am joining Susan at Between Naps On The Porch, for Tablescape Thursday.  Go see all the wonderful and creative ideas!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top