I am beginning to tidy up the guest room for one very special guest! Actually, we have been giving our Gable Guest Room a much needed facelift. Now that the major work is done... new floors, freshly painted walls, closets cleaned out, dresser painted..  I am concentrating on some of the details that will make our lovely guest feel welcomed and cared for.

The word picture that comes to mind when preparing a bedroom for a guest is... NEST.  A little sanctuary away from all the cares of the world.  This is the goal... to give our guest a soft place to land and a comfortable and beautiful space for them to relax.

Open the door to the Gable Room and this is what you will see first...



A cheery WELCOME greets our guests.  An old silver tray was called into duty as a chalkboard!




I collect old silver so I  "shopped my basement" for a few interesting pieces to become wall art. I chose a silver tray with no etching in it's center and gave it two coats of chalkboard paint.

This was an easy project! And you know how one thing leads to another... I have a couple more chalkboard projects in mind!




The silver works well with the soft wall color.  The color is very close to the original color (discontinued) we first painted the Gable Room many many years ago.  We chose French Cream from Valspar (Lowe's). It is a lovely muted "cooked salmon" color. 




The wall's true color can best be seen peeking into the Gable Room. I am still working on hanging up all the white plates around the window and finishing the "ballet chair", as I have named it.  You can see the ASCP Scandinavian Salmon undercoat I am painting on this graceful chair. It will be followed by a coat of white and then rubbed and waxed to show some to the dark salmon color of the undercoat.

I am still on a search for chair fabric, any suggestions?

The plantation shutters will not arrive in time for our guests, but there are just some things that are not in one's control.



I love all the fluffing and fussing and preparing that makes a room that says...




Pin It

I am participating in:
UNCOMMONLY YOURS at Uncommon
FROM DREAM TO REALITY at The DYI Dreamer
Home Sweet Home at The Charm Of Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top