It is nice to have a little spot in the shade to plant, pot and play! My potting bench is a place of constant creation, commotion and lots of good old dirty work...

The little potting bench on my back porch is just the place to spend time gardening on a hot afternoon!



The heat today chased me out of the garden and onto the back porch where I am digging in the dirt on a smaller scale! The white geraniums I used to decorate the house this holiday weekend came outside to be potted!

After potting the geraniums, this area was quite dirty... so I just hosed everything down. I love having a place that I can just wash away the mess!



My potting bench was made for my back porch. A very simple design, it is more functional than decorative.

Things come and go on the potting bench all season long!  

I potted the white geraniums in a wire egg basket along with some purple lobelia.






A chicken feeder overflowing with frilly white plants and a few little terracotta pots fill the narrow top shelf of the potting bench .

A couple of hooks hold garden items I am using.

The best part about this potting bench is that it has running water. I love the simple spigot and the vintage enamel bowl that is used for a basin.  Because the basin has no drain, I also use it to mix potting soil with compost or to carry veggies from the garden to the bench. 

If I fill the basin with water to wash veggies etc. I just pick the basin full of water up and pour it over my potted plants on the porch!



The potting bench has a nice tall bottom shelf.



I keep an old milk box filled with garden gloves, trowels, weeders etc. on the shelf.   This treasure was an auction find!

 I remember my grandmother had a milk box very much like this when I was just a wee little girl! I think it somehow ties me to her! I love the faintly familiar sound of the lid banging shut!



A catch-all basket and a rusty galvanized planter filled with summer annuals also find a home on the bottom shelf!




This is one of my favorite "places" at StoneGable. I can putter and be creative and get my hands dirty!




Pin It

I am participating in:
The Great Outdoor Linky Party at Thistlewood Farm
Favorites On The First at The Polohouse


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top