The Lilacs are blooming here at StoneGable and the air is filled with their perfume! It floats through our open windows and drifts from room to room. I wait all year for just a few days when the lilacs boom and cast their fragrant spell!

My late blooming lilacs are not really late at all. They are right on time! These delicate blooms are the inspiration for a Mother's Day table on the porch...





A small mesh table is set on the corner of the front porch. The view is so pretty from here! A lovely spot for my Mom and me to have a little Mother's Day lunch together! 




This table is soft and feminine.. and very simply appointed.  Primarily set in shades of green, the lilacs give this table a pretty splash of color. These two colors work so wonderfully together!

The tablecloth (Ralph Lauren) is a stylized paisley swirl in greens and white. It is the only pattern on this table. I am a huge fan of anything paisley! Such a girly pattern.




Each place is set with a stack of pretty edged dishes (all from HomeGoods) and a little bowl of lilacs.






SG TIP: Top off a place setting with an interesting little dish or bowl.  You have seen these dishes many times over and over in other tablescapes, but what makes them look fresh is the pretty purple flower dish (Pier 1)  that sits on the top.  I am always on the lookout for seasonal or themed little dishes! Buy them on sale after the season!

I just bought two. When they go on sale I will buy 6 more!








My Mom doesn't have a lilac bush, so the little bowl of lilacs will be a take-home gift for her to enjoy.







A green linen napkin (Pottery Barn) is gussied up with a pearl napkin ring (HomeGoods). What is a girl's luncheon without pearls?  




I did not stage any of the dropped lilac flowers. The breeze helped me out there! Look how the little flowers fell in the folds of the napkin. Serendipity!



Purple stemmed flutes are waiting for a bubbly libation! Maybe, Prosecco! I love prosecco!



Lilacs fill a Mikasa Italian Countryside teapot. It's creamy white color let's the lilacs be the star!!!

Salvia stems bring a little color drama to the light colored lilacs.



The teapot is elevated on a white cake stand. 




The table is set and ready for you, Mom!  



Here is a picture of my beautiful Mother and me when I was a baby. Mom you really are as beautiful now a you were then! 




Happy Mother's Day!




 Recipes:

Pin It

I am participating in:
LET'S DISH at Cuisine Kathleen




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top