My family never uses the front door! Or the back door! They come in and out of  the house through the garage entrance door. Thank goodness only my family insists on coming and going through the most unsightly part of our home!

The landscape in that tucked-back area was not given much thought until last weekend...


I wanted the small cove by the garage door to say WELCOME HOME... for my family to feel the sanctuary of StoneGable... even before  stepped in the door.

The landscape had "good bones" but in desperate need of some color and warmth! I added flowers, and planters and a hanging basket and a bench and a lantern.



A tall lantern with a battery operated candle says, "I've been expecting you, I left the light on!".



A wrought iron hanging basket will fill in and overflow with blooms in a couple of weeks!
For the garage door area I chose flowers in white, hot pink and purple... bright and cheery!

For my local friends: Good Harvest Garden Center, Strasburg has a potting station in their greenhouse. You can pot up your baskets and planters right there... and leave the mess behind!
 They have everything you need, too! The hanging basket was made there and carried to my car! How easy is that!!! Click HERE for the Facebook link. Go see Chris and tell him I sent you!



Come on by... I'll leave the light on!!


Pin It




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top