This week I am getting ready for a house full of family and guests for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. I am so excited for our out of town guest to visit!!!


I love Memorial Day! Growing up all of my childhood and teen years in a military family gave me a deep understanding and appreciation for heroic effort and great sacrifice of our military men and women. I saw it firsthand in my own home! 




Tomorrow my dear Mother and I will visit Indiantown Gap National Cemetery in the rolling hills of  central Pennsylvania. It is the most beautiful, peaceful, well kept and honorable place. It is where dignity and resolve and selflessness resides.  Indiantown Gap is where my Father rests. 


If you have never visited a National Cemetery I encourage you to go! Especially for Memorial Day. It should be a mandatory requirement for every American citizen! You will never forget it your whole life long! 


To find a National Cemetery near you click Here.


Now here's whats ON THE MENU...


 MONDAY~ SLOW COOKER DAY
Steak Fajitas
Refried Beans

TUESDAY
Broiled Baby Lobster Tails
Roasted Asparagus
Garden Salad With Strawberries, Bleu Cheese And Champagne Vinairgrette 

WEDNESDAY
Sausage, Corn and Broccoli Bake
Fresh Tomatoes And Basil Salad


I saw this recipe on the Pillsbury site. It sounded so yummy, so I tweaked it to make this easy meal my own.

THURSDAY
Salmon Cakes
Grilled Vegetables With Balsamic Dressing
Cucumber Salad With Feta

FRIDAY~ COMPANY'S COMING


Cheese Board
Grilled Eggplant Casserole
Grandmom LoBianco No Fail Meatballs
Arugula, Shaved Parmesan, Toasted Pine Nuts In A Lemon Vinaigrette
Strawberry Rhubarb Mini Pies
(upcoming post)
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
(upcoming post)

SATURDAY~ BACKYARD BAR-B-CUE


Chips And Salsa
Barbecued Chicken
StoneGable Potato Salad
Corn On The Cob
Panzanella Salad
Asian Coleslaw
Watermelon
Dessert from Lancaster Central Market

SUNDAY
Garlic Pork Tenderloin With Garlic Marsala Sauce
Tasty Taters
Green Beans 
Ceasar Salad
Big Chocolate Chip Cookies


Here's what else is on the men...


Strawberry Shortcake



View Recipe


Breakfast Cookies


View Recipe


StoneGable Iced Tea


View Recipe



Printable Recipes





Culinary Tutorial
Ceasar Salad

Pin It





Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* Please visit other OTMM participants


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top