There are just those perfect mornings that are made for breakfast al fresco... and this was one of them!

I set a tray with black and white Rooster dishes and fresh picked blooms from my garden. This morning StoneGable Benedict, a take-off of Eggs Benedict, was on the menu! I never make Eggs Benedict because they are so time sensitive and just a little hard for me to deal with first thing in the morning.  So I came up with an easier, less fussy version. Stop by StoneGable on Friday for the recipe and some tips to making this classic egg dish... with a twist!

As I headed out the door I tucked a couple of my favorite home and garden books under my arm to read...


I am taking advantage of every nice day before the humidity and heat roll over us.  And having a great breakfast on the back porch with a couple of good reads and a strong cup of coffee is perfection!

This tray (Pottery Barn) usually sits on my family room table. It is sturdy and flat. Just right to carry today's breakfast to the back porch.



The true inspiration for today's table began a couple of weeks ago when I visited my friend Deb and her chickens! The delicious eggs that are part of today's breakfast came from those girls! Thanks, Deb... I loved my time on your farm!

Here are some of the chicken girls...



And their just-gathered-eggs that became breakfast...




The breakfast tray gives a nod to these fine feathered ladies... 

My place is set with a stack of black and white plates.  The top dish has a proud rooster strutting his stuff on the plate... showing off for the gals, I'm sure! But you will have to take my word for it! At least until after I eat my breakfast!







Very fun orange flatware rest on a white hemstitched napkin with a monogrammed letter "P". See, black and orange don't have to be saved for Halloween!

A black and white checked napkin is casually laid on the tray. When dining outdoor, I always tend to need an extra napkin!







A squat stylized rooster egg cup hold a pretty brown eggs. Clementine slices circle the plate on one side and a cutting, from one of the big pots that flank our back door, rests on the plate too!  This year my back porch is blooming in shades of salmons, papaya, and coral!



A sweet glass milk bottle holds little blooms! I love to gather flowers and put them here and there around StoneGable!  Don't they look so pretty together on the breakfast tray!







Time for breakfast...


Look for StoneGable Benedict coming this Friday!


Pin It

I am participating in:
 LET'S DISH at Cuisine Kathleen
Centerpiece Wednesday at Style Sisters
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On The Porch

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top