The peonies are blooming here at StoneGable! Their big fragrant moppy pink heads bob in the breeze. They are my most favorite bloom... by far!

What a joy to go out to the garden and pick a big armful to use in a tablescape!

I have been planning this tablescape in my head for months and months, anticipating the arrival of these ballet pink beauties...



Can you smell them?



Of course, today's table was inspired by the peonies!  The table is traditional, sophisticated and full of blue and white pieces... just the right color to show off the peonies!



No tablecloth or place mats today. The luster of the mahogany table adds depth and warmth to the tablescape.

Each place is set with a stack of blue and white dishes.

Napoleon bee flatware rests on white ric-rac edged napkins... so girly!




As I was setting this table it occurred to me that I have not purchased new dishes for quite awhile. I keep recycling these!!!  I think my blue and white dishes are my most used!



Little blue and white footed sherbet bowls are just the right size to hold a pretty little peony bloom.






Cobalt blue glasses are paired with a pretty clear stemmed glass. One of my favorite tablescaping tips is to use different glasses on a table. They look so much more interesting than matching sets!




Blue and white pieces march down the center of the table to make an impressive centerpiece!






Two of the ginger jars overflow with the soft pink peonies. The color contrast is striking!






The peonies are with us for such a short time... let's sit and enjoy them while they grace us with their beautiful presence!



The Menu
Boston Bibb With Strawberries, Toasted Pecans, Bleu In A Champagne Vinaigrette

Pork Tenderloin With Dijon Marsala Sauce
Muffin Tin Onions Gruyere Stacks
Wilted Spinach With Sherry Vinegar

Elegant Strawberry Dessert
look for upcoming post



Pin It

I am participating in:
LET'S DISH at Cuisine Kathleen
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY at Between Naps On The Porch

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top