When the weather is warm but not too humid you just might find me back porch sitting! Either on my swing or rocking in our back porch rockers. Come on over... let me show you around!

New black rockers were tucked on either side of our back door bump-out. People gravitate towards rockers! Talking is better... reading is better... and sitting is better when you can rock...



Because our home is a big comfortable farmhouse styled home, I want to keep it's decor easy and relaxed... not fussy or stiff. But that does not mean plain. 

Attention to detail makes a not so perfect decorating style... simply perfect... like adding a big welcoming pillow to a rocker!



The back door at StoneGable is flanked by 2 galvanized planters filled with bright greens and shades of coral. 

Each year I choose a theme for my porch planters. This year it is "Calypso" named after the bright coral color of one of the geraniums. 

The planters came from Target!






I often use curly branches in many of my planters to give them added height. 



I think these flowers work well with the galvanized pot and the limestone on our house.




Here is a snippet of a view from my back porch...



And here is a closer look at our neighboring farm... the farmer just cut the barley crop. I wonder what he will plant next. Our panoramic views are always changing!




Porch sitting is a favorite activity here at StoneGable!



There is still time to enter



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top