When my family gathers together, it is often around the table! Keeping it simple is my plan! I want to  spend as much time with my gang as possible! But simple does not mean thrown together. I want to set a warm and comfortable table to say "welcome home". This is a table I set a couple weeks ago for a FAMILY DINNER...


I am very fond of having dinners just off the kitchen in what we call our "eating area".  The table is set for a relaxed family dinner. A leaf is added to the round table and a bench, which usually sits against the window, is pulled into seating service.







No tablecloth today, this table and it's hand hewned character are part of the charm of today's family dinner tablescape.








Twiggy nest-like chargers (Pottery Barn) hold my Italian Countryside dinner plates and Indigo Bloom salad plates (both from Mikasa).  This striking cobalt blue is my favorite way to accent neutral tableware.











A rolled napkin is held together by a white or blue braided napkin ring. I use cloth napkins whenever possible, especially in white.  I buy packs of good quality white cotton napkins whenever I find them on sale. Cloth napkins make any table a little more special!









SG TIP:One of my favorite tricks is to alternate dish designs and accents around the table. It keeps the table lively! The salad plates, cups and saucers and napkin rings are all alternated.








I use these beautifully shaped French Countryside (Mikasa) glasses more and more. I used to save them for company, but they should be enjoyed by my family too! Also pictured is an Indigo Bloom cup and saucer.









A simple square woven mat sit under my recent antique find... this huge blue and white bowl.  Filled with white geraniums it becomes a summery, easy  centerpiece!

The salt and pepper shakers were a gift from my daughter and son-in-law. I love it's vintage farmhouse feel.









SG TIP: Here is another decor tip... Buy potted annuals and use them as a centerpiece. They are less expensive than buying a big bouquet of cut flowers. AND you can plant them outside when you are finished with them. I think they pack a big visual impact!









The music and wine are smooth... the company, always my favorite... and the chatter at the table, a treasure to my heart! Relaxed and laid back, this tablescape is the perfect place to reconnect!  Simple pleasures are truly the best!









THE MENU

Cheese Board
Ceasar Salad
Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
Focaccia
All-American Berry Pies


I hope you find those you love around your kitchen table!  








Pin It


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top