It's more of an obsession, really! I have embraced the the ironstone trend and come full circle.

My first set of dishware as a college student was ironstone. I loved ironstone then as much as I do now.

For me, collecting is not a frenzied, rushed hunt. It has been slow and enjoyable and deliberate. Choosing some pieces and passing up others. Delighting in each piece as if finding a small treasure. 

Here are a few recent creamy. dreamy finds...






My favorite haunts to find ironstone are antique shops, second hand shops and discount stores.

I like original old ironstone, but I am not limited to the vintage type.  It's a mix and match collection... that really defines how I go about most decorating!  Old and new,  pricey and inexpensive, nothing matchy matchy.... lots of interest.

Pitchers tend to catch my eye! I love their shape!







Amber handled flatware finds a home in another ironstone pitcher.









Large bowls are trickier to find. I love the classic lines of this big bowl!








My most recent find, this squat small gravy boat came home with me for $2.00. I think it is adorable. We use it as a spoon rest near our coffee station.








It rests on a set of fluted ironstone plates, a Luckett's find! I am captivated by any dish with an interesting edge!









The ironstone fits nicely into another recent buy... a large round basket from St. Michael's on the Chesapeake Bay.  

I will get lots of use from this sturdy basket! And speaking of baskets... that is my other love!







I have some errands to run this afternoon... I just might have to stop by one of my favorite antique shops and look for another piece of ironstone for my collection!

What do YOU collect?






Remember to

Pin It







 
Top