It's Christmas week!!! I think my most favorite day of the year is Christmas Eve... well... my most favorite time of the year is Christmas Eve evening. I love going to Church... I can feel the sacredness of these few hours... I love the lights and the music and being with my family!!!

Then comes the joy and fun and food of Christmas Day!!!

We are neck-deep in Christmas traditions at StoneGable! From no children (not even adult children) allowed downstairs until Bobby goes down and turns on the tree lights etc and makes sure Santa has come... to the tradition of the food we eat!

My son called me two days ago to make sure we were having the same menu for Christmas brunch!!! "We ARE having Christmas casserole, aren't we, Mom?"

Traditions bind families together and makes memories. I hope your Christmas is filled with love, peace and lots of beautiful traditions!

NOW HERE'S WHAT'S ON THE MENU...




MONDAY~ CHRISTMAS EVE




TUESDAY~ CHRISTMAS BRUNCH , DINNER AND DESSERT BAR

BRUNCH
Smoked Salmon
Fresh Bagels with Roasted Pepper Cream Cheese
Fruit Salad
Mimosas
Coffee





DINNER
GNOCCHI CON GUAZZETTO DI CAPRIOLO
Gnocchi With Venison Stew
Chopped Salad

DESSERT BAR
Barcardi Rum Cake
Double Chocolate Fudge
Mini Vanilla Bunt Cakes
Cookies
Eclairs

WEDNESDAY~ FREEZER DAY
SLOW COOKER CHILI
Cast Iron Corn Bread






THURSDAY
ASIAN GRILLED SALMON
THAI-STYLE EGGPLANT SALAD


FRIDAY~ MORE FAMILIES COMING
Repeat of Tuesday's Dinner Menu

SATURDAY
CHICKEN PICATTA
Angel Hair Pasta
CEASAR SALAD





SUNDAY
NACHO CHEESE CHICKEN CHOWDER
CHEESE QUESDILLAS


Here are some tasty features from last week's ON THE MENU MONDAY...

Soup is at the top of our "things we love to eat" list. Look at this fabulous SOUTHWEST CORN CHOWDER from TALES FROM TWISTY LANE.  YUMMY!!!


Southwestern Corn Chowder




Isn't this ROSEMARY JELLY from MIZ HELEN the most gorgeous color. I still have rosemary in my kitchen garden planters... this is a must try!!! Beautiful!!!







Have you ever eaten a penguin... It would be hard to eat one of these darling sweet birds, but so so yummy! PENGUIN SNACK CAKES come from one of my must-read blogs... BUTTER YUM. My friend Patricia is always up to somethings fabulous!






Oh these CHOCOLATE PRETZEL CHRISTMAS TREES are so so cute... and very easy to make!!! Susan from OH MY! CREATIVE has the best tutorial. It's not to late to make them!!!








Don't these CHICKEN BUNDLES from Anie at 14 SIXTY make you hungry!!! I love an easy, delicious, go-to food... this in one of those, for sure!!!








Karee, I wish I was you neighbor! She is giving all sorts of wonderful HOMEMADE GIFTS to them in these beautiful glass jars!!! Head over to THE VINTAGE CHATEAU to find all sorts of wonderful ideas!









Judy from CRANBERRY MORNING shared her recipe for NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER... it looks scrumptious!!!! I can't wait to try her recipes!!! Thanks, Judy!









This week's feature menu comes from Jamie at PREPARED TO EAT. She has some tasty recipes and a really helpful menu plan free printable! Jamie I want to try the SMOKY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN!!!







NOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU...





Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* It would be so nice if you followed me!
* Please visit other OTMM participants
Please link up only photographs that belong to you. 
*By participating, you are giving me permission to use your linked post and picture as a featured link in an upcoming ON THE MENU MONDAY.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top