What's you favorite part of decorating? Conceptualizing a design, the hunt for the perfect pieces, choosing colors and fabric? Mine is adding details.

You could call me the embellishment queen. I love to take something and make it even better! Fussing and fluffing and adding layers of detail.

Here's the newest layer in the living room...









A room at StoneGable is not complete without a few plates on the wall!

Some creamy textured plates found a new home above the Kessler painting.



I was careful not to give too much height or heaviness to the display as they should not complete with the height of the windows... but I grouped them to mimic the window's arched shape.







These came right out of my kitchen cabinet...









My Annebelle hydrangeas are turning from a snowy showy white to a citron green.  They add a pop of color to this very neutral room.


Even though the closest ocean is almost 3 hours away, I still love to display shells in the summer. I am a big shell collector at the beach!!!! So dishes of shells here and there around StoneGable are common summer decor!!!



Of course, the living room needs a touch of the summer beach too!







This beautiful huge carved shell is one of the treasures from my AT HOME site.  Stop by... there are so many sales going on now!










The silver shell dish was a prize I brought home from a spring trip to Savannah!







Is decorating really ever done? Not for me! I'm always and happily adding and editing details... one layer at a time!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top