Do you ever get an idea in your head and in the moment think it is just brilliant! But of course, you have not thought it through very well and have no back-up plan and have almost a compulsion to go ahead and do it anyway!!!

That's exactly what happened when I painted my family room curtains...








They were sorta drab! Very nice... Belgium linen from Restoration Hardware... but very... blah!

Here is the "before".








This room needed more pattern... and light... and a little more color!!!!  So, why not start with the nice-but-drab curtains!


I purchased a large wall stencil and went to work!  Stop back tomorrow and I'll show you how I painted them...











 Do you ever get right into the middle of a project and think... "What did I get myself into"? "Shouldn't I have done a practice piece to see if I really will like the result"?

Oops! Too late... 









When the curtains were done, dried and hung I breathed a huge sigh of relief... I'm quite pleased with the results. 






Okay, Bobby I have another brilliant idea!!!!

 You just might come home before summer's over and the family room carpet will be out on the front lawn!!! 

Actually, I'm pretty sure this will happen!

I'm ready for hardwood!








This is day 2 of...

SUMMER 2013 TOUR OF HOMES

Summer-Showcase-of-Homes



Make sure to visit today's beautiful homes!

MOM 4 REAL



Chalkboard Above Mantel




CEDAR HILL RANCH








PRACTICALLY FUNCTIONAL




Practically Functional Home Tour: Living in and loving a small apartment!




WHILE WEARING HIGH HEALS








FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE








Don't forget to stop back on Friday... when it's my turn!!!!












Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top