This post should really be called...

Main Stairs Reveal... SORTA!

They are done enough to show you the direction we are going... and I am so excited to share.

As a reminder, here is the BEFORE...



and AFTER...




The before is "after" we had ripped out the ugly floral runner (no judging, it was the 90's). Look at all that golden oak!!!!

We (and when I say "we" I mean Bobby) ripped out the runner, painted the risers white, primed the railing and painted it high gloss black. We also painted the spindles and steamed and scraped off the wallpaper inch by inch and painted the walls Benjamin Moore Sonnet.

The runner was installed and I (and now I mean "I") painted the tall white mirror from Pottery Barn Outlet ASAP Graphite, made all but one piece of art and hung it all.

The runner came from a Broadloom from Ethan Allen that we had cut and bound to be a runner. It as a sisal look, but is hard as nails! 








We (and I mean Bobby) needs to finish steaming and scraping the rest of the foyer wall paper off and paint the foyer and upstairs hall.








I still need to find a couple of small pictures for my wall art...  








And I still haven't decided if I'm going to spray paint the existing chandy oil rubbed bronze or buy the one I have my eye on!


Bobby promises that the stairs and foyer will be done for Thanksgiving.

I'm most excited about decorating this area for Christmas. Lots of boxwood wreaths, black plaid ribbon and paperwhites!!!!


Here's a peek at just a little bit of Christmas on the stairs...






Remember to

Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top