I always say... "Thanksgiving dinner is the most work intensive meal of the year". At least it is here at StoneGable!

Even though most of us get lots of help, there is a whole lot of prep and cooking going on!

The last thing I need or want to do Thanksgiving morning is to serve my out of town family and guests a big sit down breakfast.

Here's an easy, serve-yourself way to feed all the people who wake up  in your home on Turkey day and have a beautiful seasonal centerpiece all at the same time...







I'm so pleased to be one of the bloggers participating in...





25 creative bloggers showing all of us how they work their magic and make beautiful fall vignettes!

Make sure to check out the blogs to visit at the end of this post.







My vignette is a do-it-yourself breakfast for the busiest cooking day of the year! I started out with the menu...

I made it very easy and not too heavy. Remember your guests don't want to fill up on a heavy breakfast when they are going to eat turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie... and all the other great dishes you are making!

Make breakfast  easy on yourself... plan a menu that is mostly store bought and takes little or no prep!

Here's my Thanksgiving morning menu...

ORANGE JUICE
COFFEE
PUMPKIN BREAD
ORANGE CRANBERRY NUT BREAD
FLAVORED BUTTERS AND CREAM CHEESE
ASSORTED YOGURTS
GRANOLA
HARD BOILED EGGS
FRUIT

The only thing I'm doing is hard boiling the eggs!








Set your table a few days ahead. The center basket filled with dishes, pumpkins and flowers makes such a pretty centerpiece! 








When I am creating a centerpiece with dishes and flatware that will be used I like to coral it in my large round sturdy basket! I think everyone should own a basket like this one. I use it sooo often!

A vintage french linen piece covers the bottom of the basket.


Because none of my guest and family will probably sit around the table for breakfast, I created a tall flower arrangement from a white urn (Pottery Barn Outlet) and a few bunches of BOGO grocery store mums.  The green mums dictated the color scheme of the table.  I filled in the arrangement  with faux greens to give it an abundant fall look!







Vintage flatware is stashed in an ironstone pitcher and a mix-and-match grouping of plates and leaf bowls are perched on a small white cake stand... all fitting into the large centerpiece basket.






The rest of the centerpiece is filled in with white pumpkins in assorted sizes and burlap and toile acorns.  To see a tutorial for the acorns, click HERE.

I just love using big chunky candlesticks. They bring height and interest to any table!  They are tucked behind the centerpiece basket!





More mix and match plates and bowls on a small white cake stand sits just outside the basket ready to be used!


Organic greek yogurt is placed in a bowl of ice and a small bowl of crunchy granola sits beside it.








A large ceramic basket of green apples and clementines are washed and ready to be eaten. My family are big clementine lovers!

Fruit and a bowl of nuts in the shell (along with a nutcracker) are great things to leave out after breakfast for the munchie crowd!









Who would know that these scrumptious breads are store bought? I'm not telling!

Cut and arrange them on a plate the day before and cover them tightly with plastic wrap. Easy-peasy!









I put them front and center on the table!









Juice is served from the table while coffee is at the coffee station on the kitchen counter.








With just very little prep work I can have this easy Thanksgiving Continental Breakfast on the table in no time!

As our friends and family wander down in the morning, they can serve themselves and linger over some yummy, seasonal foods... and I hardly did a thing!





Here's wishing you a happy stress-less Thanksgiving morning!



Remember to 

Monday, November 11

 Tuesday, November 12 

  Wednesday, November 13 

  Thursday, November 14 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top