For me the 4th of July is summer's midpoint! By now my veggie garden is in full producing mode and my patio flowers in the big pot are dazzling! They are happy and vigorous and loving summer life!

Last week I shared our new PATIO.

Since then, I have had lots of questions about what I plant in those big patio pots...so I'm showing and telling the anatomy of a flower pot!










For decades and decades I have planted over a dozen summer patio and porch pots every year.

Last year I found a wonderful local greenhouse called PERFECT POTS. Not only are the ladies at PP so nice and helpful...they also have beautiful plants! Plants that are not your everyday garden variety!









But what I love about PERFECT POTS is that I can go to their greenhouse and have a consultation with one of the garden professionals about what I should put in my pots. 

They take notes, they show me flowers, they ask questions about sunlight and watering schedules! They listen to my ideas and must-haves!

But here's the best, best part! They will come and pick up my pots, plant them and deliver them right back to my home!

The cost for the transportation is $10.00... and there is no charge to plant the pots... just the cost of the plants themselves and any dirt needed.

I did pay a couple of dollars for plant food and to have them bug proofed! That's it!










I have always prided myself on being a do-it-yourselfer... but I am also smart enough to know a good thing... no, a great fabulous thing!

And this service at Perfect Pots is a great, fabulous thing! A great smart bargain-of-a-thing!











My criteria for the patio pots was bright color and lots of blooms. I wanted sweet potato vine, lantana, geraniums and salvia in each pot. I also wanted flowers that would last all summer long!


And here's what the ladies at Perfect Pots paired with my requests...


LOVE this color combo...









Lantana is one of my favorite summer flowers!























There was also coleus, spider plant, creeping Jenny, ficus grass, million kiss begonias and I few more I could not identify in the mix!


I did do some planting of my own...

Like the mint in pots on my patio. Isn't this a fun cart... from Decor Steals.

Mint and basil and parsley are summer herbs I can't be without!












The biggest planting project this year was my kitchen herb garden.

If you missed that post click HERE












I also planted Everbloom Hydrangeas on my front porch again...










I think the hydrangeas are going to be a front porch signature bloom! Their big moppy blue heads work so well with the grey limestone facade of StoneGable!










Look for a post later this week about other things planted on the front porch!


It's not to late to plant a few more pots... and plants in my area are on sale! Hmmmm, I think I need one more pot of flowers for the table on my porch!


Remember to







I'm partying at
WOW US WEDNESDAY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top