Every once-in-a-blue-moon you find a real gem... one that no one else seem to see... maybe because it's hidden under all kinds of other vintage goodies.

But you have an eagle eye for these kind of things... and notice it right away. You recognize it's real-deal chippiness, and it's great rubbed off paint... it has won this beautiful patina from years of wear!

This is the vintage summer bench...a-once-in-a-blue-moon find!









If I didn't know better, I could almost swear that some pieces choose you! I think this bench knew it belonged at StoneGable. 


It has the most perfect amount of chipping and roughness. It's not too big and not too small... it is just right for the limestone wall under the kitchen window between the kitchen and laundry room doors!










On the left side of the bench I put an old wooden box and two french pots in a wire basket. Lobelia grows like a weed on this side of my porch!









I had just picked the peonies from the garden and it started to pour! I think rain bring out the heady scent of peonies! They are intoxicating!  The gathering basket fits perfectly under the white bench... so I can grab it on my way to the garden!












I sat the gathering basket down on the slatted seat. So vintage!!!











Here's a top view...










I love that the legs on the vintage summer bench collapse under the bench seat! That's my favorite part!

 I can just imagine that it was used in a summer camp somewhere... back in the 50's where kids and parents watched movies on big white sheets stretched between tall pine trees on starless nights... so romantic and... vintage!


Now the chippy bench will be taken down to the fire pit for s'more parties this summer! That's romantic too... isn't it?











Yes, this was a once-in-a-blue-moon find that had another life... but now is starting a new life at StoneGable!










Remember to






Make sure you check out all the great summer inspiration at...





I'm so thrilled to be a part of this creative group!



Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top