A Winter Tablescape:



It's still winter in my part of the country. So, I was in the mood to set a table that used icy colors. Collecting aqua elements for a while, I was excited to use them on the table.

The inspiration for this tablescape were these fuzzy white pom-pom stems. I found them after Christmas on sale, and they asked me to take them home.  Boy, are they messy. I had fuzzy "snow" everywhere!!!! I sprayed them with a craft fixative- a little better, but not great. Working with these fluffy creations was not easy, but they are so pretty and eye-catching.





Trying to keep the colors limited, I layered a silver charger (Reading China and Glass), a darker aqua dinnerplate, my very favorite white berry plates and a lighter aqua bowl (all from HomeGoods). I tucked a folded napkin in between the bowl and white plate (Pottery Barn). The blue, aqua and white striped napkin give added interest to the plates.











I thought the different edges of the plates made a pretty overall look.





The place settings sit on two crisp white cotton table runners (Pottery Barn).  Positioning them widthwise on the table made interesting placemats.









White bubble glass goblets (Reading China And Glass) are cool and tall.





Clear glass candlesticks topped with white pillar candles continue the icy theme.




Little individual candles sit at the head of each place. When the candles are lit, they give a soft glow that warms the cool whites and aquas.






Scattered aqua rocks give a feeling of icy drops.





The centerpiece urn (HomeGoods) is filled with snow-like pom-pom stems. They give this table a little fun in a theme of serene.









The benefit of positioning the placesettings on the sides of the table is having the heads free to place serving pieces. I put dessert plates, cup and saucers, dessert napkins and a bread basket (Goodwill) at one head of the table.





At the other end of the table is a gouping of  aqua jars with rusty finials and a rusty tray. A pale aqua plate holds tall water glasses with an aqua detailing (Ikea).







The table is set and ready for our friends! We are looking forward to an evening of good food, wonderful fellowship and fun!







I am joining Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Make sure you visit for a list of all the wonderful tablescapes this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top