Berry Smoothie:



Smoothies come in all flavors with a plethora of ingredients. But berry smoothies rank at the top of my flavor list!

Filling, satisfying and good for you, these frosty libations are easy to make and portable. Very good for a quick breakfast or snack when on the go!

I make mine with any berry fruit I have on hand, either fresh or frozen.  I use "pom" juice, but I have also used apple, orange or even a little water in it. My yogurt of choice is raspberry, but cherry, strawberry or blueberry tastes great too. I usually eat no fat yogurt.

Recipe:
1 6oz. container of berry flavored yogurt
1 cup berries (frozen or fresh)
1/4 cup Pom, pomegranate juice
1 cup crushed ice

In a food processor, blend yogurt, berries and juice until smooth. Add ice and process until smooth. You may need to add a little more liquid at this point if smoothie is too thick.


This smoothie is more like a melty sorbet than a creamy smoothie.


Enjoy!

I am participating in Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly at howsweetthesound.typepad.com. Thanks, Beverly. I just love being a part of this wonderful event!

Christi at A Southern Life has a wonderful post about forcing spring flowers. Go see her beautiful blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top