Mid Morning Goodie:



I am not much of a breakfast eater. Although an early riser, I am not usually ready to eat until about 10:30.  Just give me a great cup of coffee, or 3 or 4 and I am very happy. Early mornings are spent in my study doing paperwork, bible study, e-mails and now blogging. Then it's off and about the days business.

Today's tablescape was inspired as a result of  participating in a "Pillow Party" (see Monday's post)  where I shared pictures of my bed, piled high with pillows. That got me thinking... wouldn't it be fun to do a simple tablescape in my bedroom.



I have just the perfect spot... my dressing table. An antique 1850's spinet secretary desk I found in wonderful condition at a local antique shop (the same shop that I found the china in my Swan Table post). This is where I sit each morning getting ready to meet the world.

This desk is cherry and has ornately turned legs, and a carved  front. I love rich mahogany and cherry, although it has fallen out of vogue lately. Pity- it is so beautiful!

 I appreciate the mix of old and new, priceless meets Walmart! When my decor looks collected over a long period of time- bliss!  (Sorry, I did get a little carried away!)








This morning the dressing table is set with a little mid-morning treat.






Hot tea with lemon, fesh cherries and a Butter Rum muffin are waiting.







I found this charming material on sale and made a napkin just for today.  I will post a tutorial on how to make napkins.  Good quality napkins can be so expensive, yet they are quite reasonable and easy to make!






Tea is served from a Toile inspired tea pot. A lovely gift from a friend. It is served in my Italian Countryside cup and saucer from Mikasa.







The cherries are served up in a floral pedestal  bowl. Cherries are my favorite (at least now)!

 

The yummy Butter Rum (yes, they are as delicious as they sound!!!!) muffin sits on an antique Staffordshire bowl and plate.









These same plates and bowls hang on the wall around a mirror near my dressing table. I find them in antique shops all over, they are quite common, but I think they are so pretty. (Notice the cover on the bench at my dressing table.The bench cushion is very worn. I am making a monogrammed rug hooked cover for it- not finished yet.)



Yellow roses are another big favorite of mine, especially sweetheart roses. I usually have faux Black Eyed Susan's in the blue and white vase, but I could not resist these little beauties!  The small arrangement is tucked in a spice jar. I aquired a set of these when visiting Savannah last spring.











I have collected many interesting blue and white pieces to display in my bedroom. There is a good mix of old and new pieces.








I think after breakfast I will sit and do a little reading. There is a chair with my name on it!




I am joining Susan for Tablescape Thursday. Stop over at Between Naps On The Porch to see all the creativity going on!!!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top