Menu Plan:

Week 5 of the Eating From My Freezer/Pantry Challenge: My freezer is still quite full and my pantry stocked pretty well. My mother lives half of the year very near me and half of the year in San Antinio. She just left for San Antonio and brought me a good deal of food from her freezer and pantry. I got a re-stocked so now I will add that to my list of food to eat. Thanks, Mom- I think!  A very big benefit in this whole organizing exercise is that I am very focused on planning and trying to find new recipes to use the items in my freezer and pantry together. I really enjoy a good recipe hunt!

If you would like to participate in this challenge all you have to do is comment that you will be joining us.
The goal is to use what you have and clean out your refrigerator and pantry completely. Then we will restock and organize together.  In the process we will save money and get a handle on our menus!

I am finding it hard to stick to a $50.00 a week budget. OUCH! I did not make it last week, but came close. I am determined to spend no more than $50.00. I am spending much less than I normally do, so that is a sunny outcome.

This week I have a couple of recipes that look good, but I have never personally prepared them myself. So if you make any of these this week, we will be adventurous together!
(astricked * items from freezer or pantry)

Monday:
Ground Turkey Stroganoff
Wide Egg Noodles * ( I'm using thin noodles- I have them in my pantry)
Green Beans Sauteed with Panchetta *

Recipe: Ground Turkey Stroganoff
2 TBS vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey*
1 small onion, chopped*
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed*
1 can cream of mushroom soup*
1/4 cup milk*
3 TBS white wine*
1 cup sour cream*
salt and pepper*

In a large skillet or dutch oven heat 2 TBS oil over medium heat.  Add onion and cook until translucent and soft for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds-1minute. Add ground turkey and cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain fat.
Add wine and cook 2 minutes.  Add mushroom soup, milk, a dash of salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.  Add sour cream and heat through. Serve over noodles.

Tuesday:
Corn Pudding
Pan Fried Ham Slices* (Spiral Ham left over from Christmas)
Arugula Salad with clementines, pecans and citrus vinagrette*

Recipe:Corn Pudding
From AllRecipes: Submitted by Lisa Cohen
5 eggs*
1/3 cup butter, melted*
1/4 cup white sugar*
1/2 cup milk*
4 tablespoons cornstarch*
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole
kernel corn
2 (14.75 ounce) cans cream-
style corn*

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add melted butter, sugar, and milk. Whisk in cornstarch. Stir in corn and creamed corn. Blend well. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
3. Bake for 1 hour.

Wednesday:
Slow Cooker Chicken in Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Rice
Oven Roasted Asparagus with Shaved Cheddar Cheese

Recipe: Chicken in Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-in-Creamy-Sun-Dried-Tomato-Sauce/Detail.aspx
I have all of the ingredients but rice and basil*

Recipe: Oven Roasted Asparagus with Shaved Cheddar Cheese
Monday's Menu: http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2009/11/sg-menu-for-nov-1-nov-7-2009.html

Thursday:
Spaghetti and Meat Balls
Ceaser Salad

Recipe: Spaghetti and Meat Balls and Ceaser Salad
 Monday: http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2009/11/sg-menu-for-nov-1-nov-7-2009.html
I have Spaghetti noodles, ground beef, onions, breadcrumbs*
I have ceaser salad dressing in the freezer*

Friday:
Haddock with Bacon and Onions
Baked Sweet Potato
Green Beans ( I have 4 more bags in the freezer- eathing lots of green beans)*

Recipe: Haddock with Bacon and Onions
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/haddock-with-bacon-and-onions-recipe/index.html
I have haddock, onions and bacon*

Saturday:
Eye of Beef Roast*
Garlic Mashed Potatoes*
Carrots in Brown Sugar Glaze
Chopped Salad
I have sunflower seeds, italian dressing, parmesan cheese* for salad

Sunday:  Soup Day
Chicken Noodle Soup
Crusty Garlic Bread
I have a chicken and celery for the stock*



Have a wonderful week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top