Beautiful Beginnings:


This week my friend Cathy came for breakfast. I set up a little table in my living room. See the tablescape
HERE.



I served delicious eggs laced with fresh herbs and cheese in crispy toast cups.

Recipe: Herbed Scrambled Eggs With Cheese In Toast Cups

Recipe:Toast Cups:
White bread
butter

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Butter white bread. I call this kind of bread "bunny bread".


Press bread, butter side down, into the cups of a muffin pan. Make sure the crust of the bread is arranged in an open position .




Bake cups in oven for 20 minutes.  Remove cups from muffin pan. Set aside.  Toast cups will be slightly browned and very crisp. Cups can be made a day ahead and re-warmed.



Recipe: Herbed Scrambled Eggs With Cheese In Toast Cups
Serves 4
8 large eggs
3/4 cup egg beaters or egg substitute
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper
1/2 -3/4 cup grated cheese (I used sharp cheddar, I had it on hand. Fontina would be delicious)
fresh herbs, finely chopped- about 3 TBS (I use fresh chives and parsley- this is my favorite combo)
2 TBS butter

Break eggs into a large bowl. Add egg beaters and milk. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously until smooth amd full of air.

Heat butter in a large skillet. Watch it carefully so it does not burn. Add eggs and keep stirring. You want them to scramble and not solidify like an omlet. When eggs are developing into small clumps and there is no liquid eggs in the pan, gently stir in fesh herbs and cheese. Keep on heat just until grated cheese is melted.



Plate toat cups, and over fill with eggs. Let the eggs spill over the cups onto the plate. Top with fresh herbs.





Enjoy!
I am joining Foodie Friday, hosted my Michael Lee, at Designs By Gollum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top