Today is a beautiful, sunny spring day here at StoneGable. The kind of day made for being outside all day long!

I can't think of a better way to start my day than with breakfast on the back porch....


I've never been much of a breakfast girl until recently. Now that I am eating something every morning I can honestly say I feel much better throughout the day.

Today's breakfast is served in a white rattan tray... just perfect for one! It is covered with a pretty blue and white dish towel ( Wm-Sonoma). I love this  fresh periwinkle color!
Blues and whites have always been a favorite color palette of mine. 



I start every morning off with a big cup... or 5... of coffee. Do you have a favorite coffee mug? This is mine (Ralph Lauren from HomeGoods). 
Having a pretty mug that is all my own is part of my morning ritual. Making things special... even little things... brings a graceful quality to life!



BREAKFAST
Strong Coffee With Cream
Soft Boiled Egg
Soldiers, Buttered Toast Sticks
Yogurt and Berries



There are so may opinions for cooking a perfect soft boiled egg. Here's  how I cook mine. Easy and straightforward.



How To Cook A Perfect Soft Boiled Egg

1. Take your eggs out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. They cook better at room temperature.

2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. The water must cover the eggs by 1 inch.

3. Reduce the water to a simmer. Add eggs and cover with a lid.

4.Simmer 4 minutes for a large egg. You might want to test this on an egg or two until you find your personal preference in doneness. You want the white of the egg to be soft and not rubbery and certainly not raw or runny. The yolk should be hot and loose.

5. Pour out simmering water and run cold water over the eggs to stop the cooking process.

6. Crack open the top, salt and pepper and enjoy!

I try to eat an egg or some protein every morning. It makes such a marked difference in my energy level. I also try to eat a mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Costco has a mix of these berries in the frozen section of the store. I divide them in 1 cup portions in baggies and grab one out of the freezer each day. I like them as much as just picked berries!




Pin It

I am participating in:
LET'S DISH at Cuisine Kathleen
FOODIE FRIDAY at Rattlebridge Farm
SEASONAL SUNDAYS at The Tablescaper





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top