This is a project that has been on my to-do list for quite some time. Originally, this little dresser was piece of my daughter Jacqueline's nursery set. I parted with the crib twenty years ago... but I kept the dresser. 

It is a great solid oak piece, just a little dated and tired. 

The dresser lives in our Gable Guest Room... I painted it white to accent the furniture already there. The Gable Room had new hardwood floors installed recently... so the whole room it is getting an update!

Here is the BEFORE...








And the AFTER...









The dresser was painted with a combination of Annie Sloan Chalk paints and waxed with Annie Sloan clear and dark wax. I sanded it to give a warm worn look.









Here you can see some of the color variation and sanding.








I chose simple silver pulls for the bottom three drawers and crystal knobs for the top. This was more out of necessity than design. The top drawer's drill holes are closer together than the other drawers. 

Finding the same pulls in both sizes has proven to be a problem.

I think the knobs and pulls look interesting together... so they will stay!















I love Annie Sloan Chalk paints! This paint can coax so many wonderful looks out of an old piece of furniture!   No priming... how easy! But I don't like that dead  "gloppy" look that is sometimes characteristic of chalk paints when they are not properly applied... I tend to like a somewhat smooth finish. Look for an upcoming post on my chalk painting technique.









Can you see the beautiful sheen of the wax buffed to a soft glow?; Gotta love those waxes!








This little dresser takes it's place in the Gable Room... updated and white and ready for company!







Pin It


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top