One of life's simple pleasures is the smell of fresh laundry! It is the smell of clean.

I have been so intrigued with all the homemade laundry soap recipes floating around the internet, I just had to try making it myself!

This laundry soap smells WONDERFUL! And I have been using it for months with great results...






It is very economical too! Just 2-3 TBS in the tub of your washer is all that is needed for a nice clean load of laundry! Safe for HE washers, too!





StoneGable Laundry Soap 

1~ 4lb 12 oz box of Borax
1~ 4 lb box of Arm And Hammer Baking Soda
1~ 3 lb 7 oz box of Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1~ 3lb  container Oxy Clean
4 bars Fels Naptha Soap, grated
2 containers Downy Un Stopables 

Mix all the ingredients in a large heavy duty garbage bag. Just close the bag securely and juggle back and forth until completely mixed.  Scoop out into containers.

This recipes makes a huge amount of laundry soap!

I put some of the soap in a big glass jar and made a pretty label for it.

 I am so fond of bees and their symbol of "industry" that I found a free printable graphic from  The Graphic Fairy and made it into a label.






An old silver serving piece becomes a scoop! Pretty little thing like this make mundane jobs...like laundry... much more enjoyable... I call them "gracenotes"!





 Gotta go... I 'm running out to hang a load of laundry outside... how fun!





I love when a post generates questions and comments! Here are a few extra notes about the Laundry Soap...

~ StoneGable Laundry Soap is safe for HE washers. Just add the laundry soap into the tub of the washer along with the clothes. Do not put in the liquid soap dispenser.
~I am not sure how it will work on sensitive skin. "Sensitive skin" is very relative. You might have to just give it a try. If it does not work for you it will make a lovely gift.
~ Downy Unstopables are scent boosters and not a fabric softener. 




Remember to

Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top