I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Here at StoneGable we are a couple pounds fatter and very very happy enjoying friends and family... but now almost everyone has gone home and it is quiet... maybe a little too quiet!

And I am back to eating healthy!

I've gotten many e-mails asking if I really eat what's on the StoneGable menu. Good question!!!


The easy answer is yes... most of the time! But like you, there are days I just don't feel like cooking... or we go out...  or have take-out... or something comes up. I am not a slave to my menu. It works for me not the other way around!!! It also helps that I love to cook and spend time in my kitchen.

I must also let you in on a little secret. I don't eat everything I prepare. I try to make balanced meals for Bobby and whoever is living with us at the time (we are talking hotel here). But I really try to stay away from a carb loaded diet. I have fibromyalgia (another little secret) and carbs can make me very achy. I do eat beans and legumes... but almost no white starches or white sugar.

Take Monday's menu for example. I'll eat the salmon and green beans but not the potatoes!  Staying away from a lot of carbs/starches/white sugar and choosing more protein makes me feel better and keeps food cravings away!

Bobby loves pasta so I make pasta often. I love it too... but if I eat pasta it will just be a very small portion. It took me a l-o-n-g time to figure out that eating pasta was not worth feeling like I had been run over by a truck!

Now you know!!! I'm so happy you asked!

Here's what's ON THE MENU....


MONDAY
APRICOT BALSAMIC GLAZED SALMON
ONION ROASTED POTATOES
ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH CASHEWS


TUESDAY
TURKEY POT PIE WITH CRANBERRY PECAN PIE CURST
from HOME IS WHERE THE BOAT IS
SPINACH SALAD


WEDNESDAY~ SLOW COOKER DAY
SLOW COOKER CHILI
Rice
BUTTERMILK SWEET CORN BREAD





THURSDAY
Tri Color Ravioli in Marina Sauce
ROASTED PEAR SALAD

FRIDAY
TIPAPIA FISH TACOS
Tomato, Cucumber and Onion Salad

SATURDAY
STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
Greek Salad

SUNDAY~ SOUP DAY
MINESTRONE SOUP
Crusty Bread


Pin It

Here are some great recipes and menus from last week...


I eat eggs almost every morning for breakfast... Betty from MY COZY CORNER just gave me a simple and very delicate OMELETTE FROM MOUNT SAINT-MICHEL to add to my egg recipes. The French can cook eggs... and so can Betty!





If you love Boursin chhese you will love this recipe! Tracey at THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND showed us how to make HOMEMADE BOURSIN CHEESE. What a perfect recipe for the holidays!!!

She also has a fabulous WHITE BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP I can't wait to try!






Have you ever heard of CHARLOTTE RUSSE? It's a what not a who! This is the most creamy custardy delight!!! You must run over to Laura's at STORYBOOK REALITY and check out this recipe... and maybe give it a try!





I have a foodie blog for you! It's Curt and Jessica's DANCING CARROTS.  They have a great recipe for CINNAMON SUGAR PITA CHIPS WITH FRUIT SALSA. This recipe is a keeper, for sure!



cinnamon sugar chips with sweet fruit salsa (kiwi, strawberries, apples, raspberries or blueberries)



Anne, you must be reading my mind! I try to eat Salmon a few times a week. At least for one dinner a week. I love your ONE SALMON PORTION FOUR WAYS.  If salmon is a part of your diet you will want these recipes from DOMESBLISSITY!






I really think I can smell these unbelievable CHOCOLATE CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES from StoneGable! Tieghan at HALF BAKED HARVEST shared this fabulous stack with us! Oh, yummy!




What a lovely recipe... WHITE CHICKEN CHILI! I'll be making this next week with leftover smoked turkey! This recipe and tempting photo are from Mimi at MIMI'S MAGIC APRON.





This week's featured menu comes from J-Lee at DOMESTIC ENGINEER EXTRAORDINAIRE.
She had a pumpkin baked oatmeal that is on my must-try list!!!


Here's hoping everyone has a Thanksgiving full of fun, family and lots and lots of fabulous food!!!

NOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU...

NOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK...



 



Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* It would be so nice if you followed me!
* Please visit other OTMM participants
Please link up only photographs that belong to you. 
*By participating, you are giving me permission to use your linked post and picture as a featured link in an upcoming ON THE MENU MONDAY.



FOODIE FRIDAY




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top