Well, Tuesday is a big day... ELECTION DAY (no early voting in Pa). I hope all of you are going to exercise your right, as an American, and vote.

I always marvel at this process. The election cycle is messy and loud and tiring...  often obnoxious and full of pundits and those annoying last minute robocalls. It lasts w-a-y too long and costs f-a-r too much and it can bring out the most dreadful behavior in people!  It is not a perfect system... but it's our system... the best on earth!

  I am always proud and wistful to watch our government work as we vote for a President every four years. I get up election day and thank God I am an American and I can vote! This is not a right to take lightly or to dismiss!

So I'll be at the poles with coffee in hand, bright and early on Tuesday morning, taking advantage of the freedom I have to make my voice count... and I'll be up all night watching the results and being so thankful I am an American!!!!

GOD BLESS US... EVERY ONE!

(Please no comments on the candidates or their parties, thank you!)

Now, here's what's ON THE MENU...


Click capitalized dishes for the reicpes

MONDAY
Broccoli

TUESDAY
NANI'S CABBAGE SOUP (yes, again... lots of cabbage here)
Rye Bread



WEDNESDAY
Sauteed Spinach with Sherry Vinegar




THURSDAY
Greek Salad



FRIDAY
STEAKS ON THE GRILL
 Sweet Potato Fries
Homemade Coleslaw


SATURDAY~ COMPANY'S COMING
Toppings
BUTTERMILK SWEET CORN BREAD
MEXICAN EXPLOSION SALAD
Mason Jar Pumpkin Trifle

SUNDAY
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP
Coleslaw from Friday





Here are some yummy features from the last two weeks...

Soup is perfect for this time of year! Susan (and Bentley) at ASH TREE COTTAGE cooked up a beautiful CREAMY WILD MUSHROOM SOUP... that's not lo cal! Yummy, one of my favorites!






Mary at INSPIRATION CAFE made SPANAKOPITA... a fabulous Greek favorite! Just look at all this deliciousness!




This easy 3 ingredient MOCHA FUDGE SAUCE is from Stephanie at BACK FOR SECONDS. I can't wait to make this... wouldn't this make a great little gift!



3 Ingredient Mocha Fudge Sauce



This is for you Bobby, darling! My husband loves mushroom and I'm making him these DELICIOUS CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS from Sherry at PONDERED PRIMED PERFECTED. He could probably eat all of them!






Anything that starts with the work "zippy" must be more that good! Lisa from SIMPLY... THIS, THAT AND THE OTHER  made these darling ZIPPY PUMPKIN MUFFIN DOUGHNUTS.  Thanks, Lisa!







Don't we all love pizza? Jenni at MOM ESSENTIALS knows how to make a HEALTHY HOMEMADE PIZZA. And she has the sweetest little helper, head on over to get this yummy recipe!



Pizza round 300x199 Healthy Homemade Pizza


Mary at HOME IS WHERE THE BOAT IS made a cauldron of the best WITCHES BREW AKA SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHILI. I love how easy she made this by using rotisserie chicken!






The featured menu plan this week comes from Rachel at THE ATWOODS. Rachel, I have my eye on that CROCK POT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS!


The Atwoods




NOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK...


 


Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* It would be so nice if you followed me!
* Please visit other OTMM participants
Please link up only photographs that belong to you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top