I'm bringing fall into my living room this season with an easy NO SEW BURLAP LEAF PILLOW!

Fall is my favorite season... I love everything about it! Chilly weather, apples and pumpkins and of course the falling leaves! Lots and lots of leaves!

I'm so pleased to be a part of...

FALL NO SEW DECORATING SHOWCASE...





Four other inspiring bloggers are also sharing their NO SEW talent! Make sure you visit their blogs for all their fall creativity!

Making my NO SEW BURLAP LEAF PILLOW is easier than you think... you start out with a store bought pillow cover. You don't even have to make the pillow!!!

Here, I'll show you how...





STONEGABLE NO SEW BURLAP LEAF PILLOW DIY

1 store bought pillow cover (I got mine at the Pottery Barn Outlet)
1 pillow insert (I use down inserts)
burlap in various colors
fusible webbing for heavy duty fabrics ( I used Pellon, Wonder Under)
stitch witchery
leaf patterns


I got my large leaf HERE

Small leaf (copy to Microsoft Word and print)











1. Trace leaves on to the shiny side of fusible webbing. 

2. Cut out leaves, leaving a 1/2 inch or so edge around them.

Put fusible webbing rough side down on to burlap. Iron fusible webbing onto burlap by using a hot iron/ no steam for 8-10 seconds.

Let cool.

3. Cut out leaves

4.Carefully peel of the parchment backing from the leaf. There will be a shiny film of fusible web on the leaf.






5. Arrange the big leaves on the pillow cover in a wreath 

5. Iron the leaves on to the pillow cover according to package directions. 

Arrange the smaller leaves on the wreath and iron the smaller leaves on to the pillow cover according to package directions.

8. Let cool. If any leaves did not stick well, affix them to the pillow cover with stitch witchery, following package instructions.

Put the pillow insert in the pillow.

TA-DA!






Wouldn't this look pretty made with colorful fall fabrics too!


If you missed my last NO SEW project

 NO SEW MONOGRAMMED WOOL THROW





Click HERE




Be sure to check out the other FALL NOW SEW projects...







Barb at THE EVERYDAY HOME

Amy at ATTA GIRL SAYS

Debbie at CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT

Ann at ON SUTTON PLACE

Don't forget to sign up for my almost daily newsletter... it has lots of ideas and my new posts! Sign up by going to my sidebar and adding your email where it says:'

"Keep In Touch"

ALSO...

I have a new Facebook Fan Page. Please "like" my new page. I have lots of extra inspiration and post allerts!

Like by clicking HERE


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top