If fall was a dessert it would be RAW APPLE CAKE!

 I know you are probably thinking... "What, not something pumpkin?"

Okay, well maybe late fall... towards Thanksgiving... would be pumpkin dessert time. But for this time of year RAW APPLE CAKE wins hands down!!!

Please, just trust me on this... it will be your favorite fall dessert too! It's that good...






This was one of the very first recipes I collected as a young woman... even before I was married. And I've made it for decades... and decades!

I hope by now you are wanting to try this recipe too...





STONEGABLE RAW APPLE CAKE
3 cups apples, cored, skin on and cut into small pieces
3 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup walnuts, chopped


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

This recipe makes 1 bundt cake or 2 loaves.

In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.

In another medium bowl whisk together the oil, eggs and vanilla.

Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix by hand. This batter will be VERY VERY stiff... like cookie dough.

Add the apples and walnut and mix in.

Spray a bundt pan or loaf pans with cooking spray.  Dump the batter into the pans.

Cook for 1 hour. I always test the center to see that it is fully cooked. Sometimes it may take longer.

Let the cake cool and then turn out onto a wire rack.

I serve my RAW APPLE CAKE with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!









Remember to...

Pin It



Please "like" me on my new facebook fan page...

Click HERE to like! Thanks!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top