I've been looking for just the right piece to paint for over a year. A hutch with arched glass cabinets with lots of room to store and stage pretty things. A piece to put on the empty wall in living room!

I found it in the most horrid, creepy, dirty thrift shop. I only went there because I saw it on Craig's List...and I'll never go back!!!

 The style was right, the size was perfect and it was solid wood... and very ugly... and dirty. 

But...

it was perfect for my living room and a perfect piece to paint...









I know it doesn't look like much now... but I have plans for it!








I love the bottom of the hutch... I think some paint and antiquing and dry brushing will make the bead board stand out.









And once I paint the brass frames oil rubbed bronze and replace the bubble glass in the right side of the cabinet... and paint a chevron pattern on the back of the cabinet, I think it will look much better!









I'm going to start this project on Monday.  I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'm very anxious to get started!


Now here's a question... what color shall I paint it? I'm in need of a little advice!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top