This is a reprise of a midsummer table from last year, I see it was as hot then as it is now! I hope you enjoy it for the first OR second time!
Hot days and humid nights. The weather tells me we are in the middle of summer! The heat these days chases me indoors but a relaxed late evening dinner al fresco is often doable. Just keep it fun and VERY simple! It is too hot to fuss!



The inspiration for this Midsummer's table were these fabulous zinnias. My favorite summer flower. They are so colorful, happy and sassy! I planted zinnias late this year so they are not this magnificent. These beauties came from Myers Farm Produce. See pictures and a write up about this beautiful and delightful family owned farm in my Foodie Friday post.





Using a tablecloth with a brightly colored pattern compliments the colors in the centerpiece and fills up a lot of empty space on the table. This is NOT a serene table. I want it to be flirty and hot just like the evening breeze.




Because the tablecloth is so busy each place setting is kept rather plain. A simple rattan charger~ I felt that the table needed a darker natural element to ground it~ a deep aqua blue dinner plate and a citron green salad plate. (It was not hard to restrain myself from stacking plates in my usual fashion. It was soooooo hot during set-up that I was happy to not have to lug heavy plates outdoors!)





Bamboo flatware continue the easy breezy feel.





Coral and lime green napkins caught up in a deep coral flower napkin ring are casually placed on top of the plates. No fancy napkin folding, they would have wilted too!







Icy libations are on the menu tonight! The stylized turquoise flower in these sublime margarita glasses echo the floral theme. They are just so fun!






The pedestal centerpiece is the same color and pattern as the dinner plate, picking up the deep aqua in the tablecloth.



I fashioned an arrangement using zinnias, marigolds, hydrangea, snapdragons and a little of this and that from my garden. The zinnias are the true stars!








Little paper lanterns bring the fun with them to this table!






The lanterns are staggered in height. Glass cylinders holding orange swirl margarita glasses are used as pedestals.







These radiant lanterns are battery operated! They also have a handle and hook for hanging! They just might become my go-to outdoor summer accessory!


As day turns into evening....


And the last remains of the day fade...





We dine amid lanterns and fire flies!




The Menu

Panzanella Salad ~ Recipe to be posted for Foodie Friday
Lobster Salad  In Puffed Pastry Cups On Buttercrunch Lettuce
Sweet Homemade Pickles
Homemade Peach Ice cream
Margaritas
Iced Coffee




I am participating in TABLESCAPE THURSDAY at Between Naps On The Porch.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top