My garden zucchini aren't trustworthy! Left alone, even for a few hours, they grow from a nice manageable length to baseball bat size! They are amazing veggies! I am now asking everyone I know, "Wouldn't YOU like a DELICIOUS zucchini?"  We have given zucchini to all the relatives and many friends and now I am asking my nail girl, hairdresser, postal clerk and even the dog groomer!

Zucchini Latkes are a StoneGable favorite. Crisp, light and so yummy, this recipe is a winner! They freeze well, so I make big batches!

We make these a meal all by themselves! I hope you will use up a few zucchini ( or a whole bunch, if they are in your garden) making this scrumptious recipe!


StoneGable Zucchini Latkes


3-4 medium size zucchini
2-3 non baking potatoes
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 eggs, scrambled in a separate bowl
1/2 cup  flour, more or less
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
vegetable oil


Grate the zucchini and put into a colander.





Put a plate over the zucchini with a heavy weight on the top, such as a cast iron pan or canister. Let it sit in the sink for 20 minutes letting the extra liquid release from the zucchini. Squeeze liquid from zucchini and put into a large mixing bowl. 
Peel and grate the potatoes. Add to zucchini. Add eggs, onions, flour, salt and pepper. Add just enough flour to hold it all together loosely. Mix together. Zucchini batter will be wet.

Heat a couple of TBS veggie oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot. Drop a heaping TBS or 2 of the zucchini mixture in the pan and flatten out. I can cook 4 latkes at a time. Make in batches.



Cook on one side until brown. I like my latkes crispy so I let them get very brown, about 4-5 minutes.
Turn and cook until crisp on the other side.



Hold them in a warm oven.

Serve with sour cream and snipped chives.





Enjoy!

Dont forget ON THE MENU MONDAYright here at StoneGable. Post your menus, party ideas, recipes, pictures... whatever makes your menu more YUMMY!

Link up on Sunday at 9:00 PM!


I am participating in:
FOODIE FRIDAY at DESIGNS BY GOLLUM. Michael Lee is having a Kindle Giveaway right now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top