Sometimes wreath making reminds me of the wheel.

The wheel has been slightly altered and improved upon... but there has never been anything better invented in it's place.

I love to make wreaths!  I can get very swept up in the beauty and creativity of wreaths... but the style I keep going back to is like the Forsythia wreath I made for my front door. It, like the wheel, would be a hard design to improve upon!

Twiggy and wild and full... it is also very easy to make.  Here's how...








The forsythia's in my area are beginning to bloom... and they are wild and brambly and leggy. Just perfect for my favorite default wreath style!

I reused a twiggy wreath from last summer and bought two different types of forsythia branches. I think the slight variation in the flowers gives it lots of up-close interest.











Here is a Cherry Blossom Wreath I created a couple of years ago using the same technique...








Click HERE to see how to make this twiggy spring wreath.










I made this Forsythia wreath last spring. To see a tutorial click HERE.












I made a complimentary forsythia wreath for our second front door... look for an upcoming tutorial on that too!












Pin It







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top