Picking out furniture can be an exciting adventure! But it can also be a daunting task...especially if you are making decisions on investment pieces that will live with you a long long time!


Here at StoneGable we are literally building a new living room from the floor up!

Two new pieces of furniture were recently added to our very sparse living room...




We have been working on our living room since November, albeit we did take a month break for Christmas.  It seems like it has taken such a long time... I have to keep reminding myself that decorating is not a race  and the only winning is done when it is done right!









Here is a look at the new chairs I chose from Ethan Allen.








I saw these about eight months ago when I was in the beginning stages of planning out our new living room...

and they never left my mind. I looked at dozens of chairs... but still kept coming back to these unusual BRANT chairs.  


I love love love the 17th century design that has been graciously brought into the 21st century! Classic lines are my favorite... especially when they are combined with a casual updated  feel!


These chairs have a beautiful carved frame... that's what made them so memorable to me...












...complimented by custom down cushions in a light almost white herringbone pattern.

I'm keeping my furniture light and bringing in texture for interest!

I'm hoping to pull off a look that is casually elegant!









I put a little black table with a mirrored top between the tables... for now.








Next on my list is to sew the drapes... put down the new area carpet and find that perfect but elusive coffee table!



I'll keep you updated!










Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top