Grey and speckled... utilitarian and sturdy... galvanized metal remind me of summer.

Probably because I have a big obsession with aged galvanized watering cans.

I found some new galvanized tin for a little vignette in my summer kitchen...









The tray is from POTTERY BARN OUTLET and is very sturdy to take dinner out to the porch!

The buckets came from TUESDAY MORNING. 

They work well together.








I was thinking about aging them but the buckets have a very nice french label on them. If I age the buckets the label will be eaten off.


To see an easy and very effective way to age galvanized metal, click HERE








I found the geraniums at a floral design shop for 70% off. I'm not much for faux flowers, but I do loves these!!! 

The photos make them look yellow... they really have only a touch of butter yellow in them.




They fill up the buckets and fill up space on the island with summer!









I have a big bundle of cotton bolls that came from a spring trip to Williamsburg... I think they will look good in the galvanized buckets in August!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top