Lots of little changes going on in my family room... especially on my mantle.

Here is a before picture...


This picture was taken in January.. can you see the changes?







And AFTER...








First to go was the paint color. Although I loved the Benjamin Moore Springfield Tan it made my family room and kitchen very dark. 

After painting my living room and dining room with Benjamin Moore Sonnet, I was convinced that I need to lighten up the back rooms of StoneGable too!


So we painted the family room and kitchen in Sonnet also.  What a difference!!! 







The mantle needed some depth of color and texture, so I started my hunt for a pair of chippy shutters.

My friend Fiffer, who is the best treasure hunter I know, had a pair in her barn.  They were old and authentic and the original black paint was chipped off just perfectly!  They were just what I was looking for. Thanks, Fiffer!!!!









Bobby cut them down to size and refitted the bottoms and we hung them on either side of the clock.

Then I brought back in the candlestick lamps I repainted and layered them in front of the shutters.

I'm still playing with the rest of the mantle vignette...


To see how to make the Rustic Summer Topiary... and see how my mantle originally looked... click HERE








The trio of pitchers came from the Pottery Barn outlet a few years ago.










Bobby painted the brass portion of the fireplace with Rustoleum High Heat Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.

I don't know what I am more thrilled with... the chippy shutters or no more shiny brass strips on the fireplace!!!







The next family room project... new hardwood floors... will hopefully be done this summer!



Pin It




is going on now!!





Click HERE to see the sale... and more!

And please like AT HOME facebook page to get the latest scoop on sales and decorating ideas!

Click HERE to like! Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top