Creating vignettes can often be daunting. Few people have the ability to create a beautifully put together tabletop display without a lot of effort. I fit into the first category. I have a fuzzy idea of what I would like a finished table vignette to be, but executing it is another story.

Today I created an EASY little vignette and 5 tips that will help the "vignette impaired" like me to create a simple arrangement to be proud of... 






1. GROUP OBJECTS IN ODD NUMBERS

This is decorating 101! Even though I have 4 objects on the top of my Curlacue Chest, there is a distinct grouping of 3. I don't count the lamp because it sits alone.

Things grouped in odd numbers are more pleasing to the eye.

I tend to like bigger items and less of them. I'm not much of a chochkie girl! But if you like more items, display an odd number!








2. USE A LOW SIDED BASKET TO CORRAL GROUPINGS

This is one of my favorite decorating tricks! Place your grouping in a basket to give it a boundary and to define it. It also give the grouping more "importance".







Using a basket also brings great texture to a vignette!

I like very chunky baskets!







3. GROUP DIFFERENT SIZED OBJECTS


Varying heights lets your eye travel from one object to the next. Same sized objects are not interesting to the eye.









As you can see by standing the ring of my lantern up tall, it adds just enough height to be the tallest piece in my vignette.








4. USE DIFFERENT TEXTURES 

Texture adds interest to a vignette. I used a smooth lantern and a chippy rough olive jar and a fluffy faux plant.

Different textures make an attractive vignette!







5. COLORS IN A VIGNETTE SHOULD WORK WITH A ROOM


Color can make or break a vignette when viewing it in context of a room. Create a vignette using colors inspired by what you already have in your room. 








My inspiration... the Kessler painting behind it.








By following these 5 easy steps you can create a simple and beautiful vignette!








Remember to 

Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top