I've been working on the dining room lately. Just little things here and there.  Isn't decorating a process of adding and editing! This week I've added new velvet pillows.

But not just any pillows... velvet pillows. They always say elegance to me...







I made them myself and because they were envelope pillows they were super easy to whip up!


I think velvet pillows can sometimes look old fashioned. So, that's why I made them envelope style... and added a row of fabric posies! Much more updated and far less stodgy. Elegant with a twist!









I chose a gold/camel/greenish color to bring out the golds in the dining room. I adore gold!

I think the color compliments the rug and buffet.

Just the lighting from one side of the room to the next really changes it's color.









I added very easy to make posies using the curtain and chair fabric.

Aren't they fun and sassy! You can see a posy making tutorial by clicking HERE.








Pillows give my plain head chairs a little more pizzazz!

It was pure, blissful serendipity that the flowers peeked out over the table! 









I have another project that I am working on in the dining room... but that's for later this week!

Look for an upcoming  MAKING AN ENVELOPE PILLOW DIY soon!








Remember to

Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top