If you read StoneGable with any frequency, then you probably know that I am soooo tired of snow and cold this year.

But, this morning when I got up and looked outside I saw a sight that was so beautiful... and so full of wonder, that I saw God's magnificent handiwork in the magical scene...



The sky was saturated with blue and the snow glistened with the reflection of the sun and the neighboring farm looked like a picture on a postcard. I stopped being tired of the snow for just a few minutes and told God how perfect and resplendent His creation is! I could see God in the scene right outside my back door!


How often do we speed through our days or get caught up in our own little dramas and forget to look for God?

I sure do!

But, when I look for God in all of my situations He will show Himself. I just need to be aware of His presence.

I like to call that PRACTICING THE PRESENCE OF GOD.

One of my very favorite bible verses is...

CALL TO ME AND I WILL ANSWER YOU, AND I WILL SHOW YOU GREAT AND MIGHTY THINGS WHICH YOU DO NOT KNOW. Jeremiah 33:3


Although this was a verse meant for Israel in a time of great tumult and trouble, I still think it is very very relevant to us.

When I get up each day I ask God to show Himself to me in some way. I ask Him to make me be awed by His glory! To do something so big that I know it's Him!

And if I look... and correct my vision... from just looking at earthy things, sure enough I see God in His creation, other people or even everyday situations. And I am awed!

In other words...I need to remember to put my God goggles on! To correct my vision from seeing things  with worldly eyes and to see things through the lens  of faith. What a difference that makes!

How about you? Do you want to be WOWED by God today? Ask God to show Himself big to you and ... remember to put your God goggles on!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top