A Kitchen Table Vignette is one of my favorite things to create!

 I pull out my dishes and silverware and a few other kitchen items and seasonal things... and play until... VOILA... it all comes together to create a big punch of panache in your kitchen!

Here's 5 easy steps to create a kitchen table vignette yourself...


Don't hold back... pull those dishes and other pieces out of your cabinets and experiment. But most of all...


Have Fun!


5 TIPS FOR CREATING A KITCHEN TABLE VIGNETTE


1. USE A RUNNER ON THE KITCHEN TABLE







We are building a Kitchen Table Vignette from the ground up!

I think a vignette looks best anchored to the table by a table runner.

A runner brings a little soft texture to a vignette.

Now, that I have said that... I do break this rule. I sometimes like the hand hewn texture of my kitchen table and find it works with certain kitchen table vignettes. But in most cases a runner looks the best!

In this early Fall Kitchen Table Vignette I used a piece of vintage French linen as a runner.




2. USE A BIG LOW SIDED BASKET OR TRAY






Create a focal point for a kitchen vignette by using a large basket, tray or any big piece. Place the most important items in it. Other supporting pieces can be placed around it.

I corralled all the pieces of this easy summer vignette inside a large round basket I found at HomeGoods.








3. USE LOTS OF DISHES


Now's the time to pull out lots of dishes and bowls and pitchers and great pieces from your kitchen cupboards!

Mix and match!








In this early spring Kitchen Table Vignette I used several patterns of white dishes.  I wanted to create a soft look.










4. USE OTHER KITCHEN ITEMS AND MORE







Use kitchen objects and food as part of your Kitchen Table Vignette.

In almost every Kitchen Table Vignette I use small pitchers filled with old silverware... I just love the look!

In this early fall vignette I used my kitchen scale filled with apples. 

Don't forget to use things like sticks and twigs, napkin rings, willow balls, small pictures, fun objects, candles and candlesticks and seasonal decor. Really you are only limited by your own imagination!

Some of my favorite things to use are... cloches, large bowls, pitchers, napkins and soup tureens! Fruit, veggies and pumpkins are food favorites!









5. VARY HEIGHTS







Varying the heights in a Kitchen Vignette will make it a whole lot more interesting!

Stack dishes, use small pedestals or cake plates, employ tall candlesticks to be part of the vignette!









6. INCLUDE ONE BIG FOCAL POINT







Having a piece that stands out and catches your eye is very important. For me this usually is something seasonal!  Flowers or seasonal fruit are my go-to's!


In this fall Kitchen Table Vignette, I cut a big bunch of bright orange pyracantha from our bush outside and put it into a large white pitcher. This arrangement is a show-stopper and begs for attention!  








Here are a few other tips that are helpful...

* Practice! Spend time playing and having fun creating a Kitchen Table Vignette!
Remember... practice makes perfect!


*Take a little stroll around your house looking for objects that would work in a vignette


*Don't be afraid to mix colors. My style is not as colorful as some. But if you like color, then use it!

*Even lowly and inexpensive grocery store flowers make a great focal point!




Now let's pull out those dishes and other things to make a great Kitchen Table Vignette!








Do you receive StoneGable's newsletter?

 I create it myself. It highlights daily posts and those archived that would be seasonal relevant and interesting. It updates you on all things StoneGable.

To get it in your email look for a grey box on my right sidebar near the top that says...KEEP IN TOUCH.

Enter you email address and click!

Thanks!


Remember to

Pin It



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top