Decorating my front porch for fall is like a musical crescendo.  Fall decor starts quietly on the front door and over a month builds and builds....

Next, urns of fall flowers are filled... then pumpkins are added to the door transom...

And finally the full symphony of fall finery appears...



This year I decided to decorate just around my front door.





I exchanged the sunflower in my arrangement for a couple pumpkins and a gourd.


Early fall....



Now...



The urns I planted a month ago have really filled in.  I also added a couple of pumpkins here and there.

You can learn about what I planted in my urns by clicking HERE.

Early fall...




Now...








The left side of the front door...





The chair on the porch belonged to my great grandmother and I painted it black years ago. I took it from my kid's bathroom and stacked pumpkins on it!




On the right side of the porch I added a bushel basket filled with grasses, sage, Black Eyed Susan's, thyme and other fillers.

The lanterns have battery operated candles on timers. They throw off a soft glow at night.








My front door welcomes fall... and YOU!



Next week look for my fall decorated potting bench on the back porch!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top