I have a crush on shutters! The older and more chippy and more dirty the more I love them!

On a recent outing I talked my husband into visiting one of my favorite antique haunts... and before he knew it he was loading 3 of the most chippy old huge shutters into the back of our SUV!

I had a plan for these shutters... and Bobby...


Sometimes my poor unsuspecting hubby falls prey to my evil  creative plans!!!  Little did he know he was going to make a shutter headboard for a bedroom we are slowly making over (bedroom #3!)...




Here is just a peek at the headboard...


Here is another...



Would you like to see a little more?  Okay...




What... you would like to see even more... really?




More? Now we are only looking at the bed... not the oriental rug that is NOT going in this room... or the nightstand that I am repainting Paris Grey.... or the really pretty custom made bedskirt... they are for another time... 





But what I will show you is the beautiful french blue buffalo check fabric that I am making into curtains for this room... I think it picks up the blue in the shutters.





As this room progresses and I complete the bedding, I'll be showing you more and more.

Hope you liked this peek.... okay, BONUS PEEK!




Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top