Setting a buffet is an easy way to entertain... especially when you are trying to create an informal or cozy atmosphere.

I often use my kitchen table as a buffet when I want to create a relaxed meal or I am feeding a crowd.

Buffets and fall entertaining are a perfect fit! The food is so flavorful and earthy and... there are so many fabulous natural elements to embellish the buffet!

Here is a small buffet I set for a recent early Autumn supper...





Golden morning light was streaming through the windows as I got the buffet ready!

My barn beam table was a nice hand hewn background for the buffet! A simple burlap runner was added for a little extra textural interest.

For the table, I used lots of white with accents of honey gold... and a big splash of burnt orange from Pycracantha berries.




A big round basket pulls together a centerpiece vignette.  

Beautifully worn vintage flatware handles peek from an ironstone pitcher... even flatware can be used in a centerpiece!




A rotund creamy white pitcher hold Pycrantha berries from our espalier. Pycrantha does not give up it's berries easily...it is very thorny and hard to cut, but so worth the effort!






I am a huge fan of white dishes... especially large white plates!  These are just the most stunning square embossed dinner plates. I got them at HomeGoods on sale for $3.00 a piece. I sure do love a bargain!




Just to look pretty I put golden brown leaf plates from Pottery Barn on top of the white dinner plates...  and then added a baby boo pumpkin cradled in a  brambly candle ring.




Round white dessert plates that match the dinner plates are stacked on the table too!




They are topped off with gold leaf bowls... again encircled with brambles. The fall waldorf-style salad looked so festive in those bowls!




A white ironstone tureen was filled with a hearty Roasted Squash Soup.  








Ironstone cups are stacked and ready for soup!

A little pumpkin is tucked inside the top cups for now!




Bowls to be filled with food are now brimming with pumpkins! What a Autumnal display!







Casual leaf napkins pull the colors on the table together.




Fall is my favorite time of year.. full of beautiful colors, textures and flavors!

A buffet is a wonderful way to greet guests with a welcoming harvest meal!




THE HARVEST MENU
Roasted Buternut Squash Soup With Creme Fraiche
Autumn Waldorf Salad

Mulled Cider
Prosecco

Honey Poached Pears In Puff Pastry
(look for this culinary tutorial on Friday)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top