Happy Valentine's Week!

You can find a Valentine Menu and Tutorial at the end of this post. Bobby and I are not celebrating until next week. He works late this Thursday!

I have been in a cooking mood lately. I've been trying and tweaking a whole bunch of new recipes. I have recently been eating lo-carb so I am especially interested in converting lots of recipes to fit my new lifestyle. Bobby, however is not eating lo-carb.... so I cook many "regular" meals and I usually eat the protein and veggies.

I do miss pastas and pizza and baked potatoes. Although I don't eat them on a regular basis, I do treat myself to "regular" food now and then. I'm trying to perfect a lo-carb pizza.

The biggest benefit of eating lo-carb is I have so much energy! Carbs really do make me tired! You might notice a tiny shift away from carb laden meals here at StoneGable... but I hope you will still find all my meals interesting, full of great flavors and fresh ingredients and delicious!

Now, here's what's on the menu...




MONDAY
Wide Noodles
Roasted Broccoli in Garlic Oil

TUESDAY
Greek Salad

WEDNESDAY
Baked Potatoes

Sauteed Spinach

FRIDAY
Basmatti Rice
Snap Peas

SATURDAY
FLAT IRON STEAK ROLL UPS
Oven Fries
CHOPPED SALAD


SUNDAY
Nani's Vegetable Soup
(look for upcoming post)
Crusty Bread
Assorted Meats and Cheeses


Now here are some tummy tempting features from last week's OTMM...



Pat from BACK PORCH MUSINGS has a great way to serve your favorite Chili... make it CHILI MAC. Her great tip will also stretch a meal! Thanks, Pat!


chilimac5






CALZONES are so delicious and great to make when you have little time for dinner prep! Head on over to THE KITCHEN IS MY PLAYGROUND for a hand holding tutorial... and a surprise crust!










Pat at ON CROOKED CREEK is such a love! She, like me is cutting down on carbs. But look what she made... she calls them FAT TUESDAY CAKES. Fat Tuesday is this week.. so you better hurry to make them!








I could literally lick my computer screen when I saw DARK CHOCOLATE CREME BRULEE' WITH VANILLA SUGAR from HALF BAKED HARVEST.   What else is there to say? Sigh...




IMG_7408





Is there really such a thing as skinny Mexican almost anything? According to Stephanie at BACK FOR SECONDS there is! Look at this scrumptious SKINNY SLOW COOKER SOUTHWEST CHICKEN SOUP. This is a must try!





Skinny Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Soup @BackForSeconds #crockpot #slowcooker #soup #mexicanfood




I am always on the look-out for a great side dish recipe.  This beautiful LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN looks so scrumptious! Head on over to the DISH ROOM for this yummy recipe!




IMG_7020 B




I had not eaten Brussels sprouts for decades... until a couple of years ago. When I was a wee girl I went to a Scottish boarding school and we ate tons of mushy overcooked Brussels sprouts! YUCKY! Not until my sister cooked them for me correctly did I realize how much I love them!

Look at these beautiful, wonderfully made HONEY DIJON BRUSSELS SPROUTS from STORYBOOK REALITY. So so yummy! I could eat the whole plate!









I'm so glad to see OTMM is attracting more menu planners... KUDOS to you!!!
This week's featured menu plan is from...FRUGAL LOCAL KITCHEN.




Menu Plan Monday


Here's a VALENTINE STEAKHOUSE MEAL  from StoneGable with the man in mind.... you can even see a video of me cooking it!








And a BE MY VALENTINE DESSERT to go along with it...












NOW WHAT'S ON YOUR MENU...





Thanks, for joining us and sharing!

* Please link your post using your permalink
* Please link back to ON THE MENU MONDAY in the body of your post
* It would be so nice if you followed me!
* Please visit other OTMM participants
Please link up only photographs that belong to you. 
*By participating, you are giving me permission to use your linked post and picture as a featured link in an upcoming ON THE MENU MONDAY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top